- To the woman in the oncoming car that nearly bashed into me: Do not text and drive! Do not text and drive on ice! Do not text and drive on ice and turn a corner! Do not text, drive on ice, turn a corner and nearly run into my CAR!!
There. I feel better.
- Kittens are fuzzy and cute, but kitten claws are sharp. (Did I mention we adopted a new kitten?!)
- Crazy Cat Lady territory starts at 4 cats. Luckily I only have three.
- 17 year old son asked who made the Crazy Cat Lady rules. I did. Arbitrarily. Deal with it
- Note to self: Remember what we decided about long scarves, cross-body-bags, and purses? Tangle-city. BEWARE!
- Playing the piano nearly seven hours in a day is kind of a long time.
- Losing a Yaktrax off your left boot on an icy day and not noticing it right away. Bummer. Finding it on the sidewalk nearly 2 hours later. Bazinga!
(What are Yaktrax you ask? They are like things you can attach to your boots/shoes to keep from slipping on ice. https://www.yaktrax.com)
- My husband (who has nearly 13 years of college and grad work) thought the word for embouchure was armature.
Embouchure means the position and use of the lips, tongue, and teeth in playing a wind instrument.
Armature means various things: a framework used by a sculptor to support a figure being modeled in a plastic material, or an organ or structure (as teeth or thorns) for offense or defense.
(source: Merriam-Webster dictionary online http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary)
- I took one of those personality quizzes with my daughter. Turns out I’m a Prima Donna. Neither of us was surprised.
My result: You are a total Prima Donna. In your world, you are the star and everyone else is just a supporting character. We hope you’ve got the talent to support that giant ego!
quiz source: http://figment.com