It’s The Liebster !
The blogosphere is truly a marvelous place where there’s a lot of support and encouragement given without reservation to fellow bloggers. It’s truly an amazing feeling to be part of this beautiful community. The Liebster awards symbolises the encouragement given to bloggers and it also encourages us to interact more with each other.
I am excited to be nominated for this fun award by The Glass Bangle. Thank you!
- Each nominee must link back to the person who nominated them.
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- You must pick the next 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award, each with under 200 followers. (I’m making an executive decision to stretch this to 300ish so I can include several of my favorite blogs).
- You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
Since I was nominated for The Liebster by The Glass Bangle, in this post — http://theglassbangle.wordpress.com/2013/09/24/its-the-liebster/ — I will answer here the 10 questions she asked her 10 nominees to answer:
- Which is your favourite time of the day ?
Definitely the time when you have slept really well, just barely wake up, and then realize you do NOT have to get up. Then you go back to sleep under your cozy down comforter.
- Given a chance to relive one day in your life which day would that be ?
The birthday of my oldest child. I would NOT allow the Dr. to knock me out after the C-section until I got to hold my baby! (I didn’t have a choice, they just did it.) 😦
- Which super power would you like to possess ?
Super powers are a slippery slope. Hmmm — no capes. I learned that from “The Incredibles.” I would say (and I know this sounds cheesy) but the ability to make people feel loved, confident and at peace.
- Which is your favourite aroma, something which makes you take in huge breaths ? Probably spiced cider or apple pie. Cinnamon. Definitely where it’s at.
(Coffee is a close second).
- Write one word which symbolises the person you are. Musical
- Have you fallen in love with any object at first sight ? All the time! Fabric mostly. But other things, too — vases, earrings, beautiful things of every sort.
- If you are given a day free of all responsibilities, a day to do whatever you wanted, what would you do ?
Sleep in :), Have a great breakfast with family and/or friends; Go to an interesting museum or historic site (preferably in Europe); either perform in or listen to a breathtakingly beautiful concert, shop for fabric or books or jewelry; take a hike (or a taxi) to a gorgeous natural area to take photographs;
take a coffee break, read a fantastic book, and then nap in the sun on blankets. Follow up with a bonfire party in a forest (or a catered dinner party on a veranda overlooking a body of water) with all my closest friends and family.
- What’s your favourite comfort food ?
Another tough one. Warm brownies.
(But there are many foods I could choose)
- Which movie character has taken residence in your heart ?
Mr. Darcy (Colin Firth)
- Which is the weirdest combination of food that you’ve had ?
In Cozumel —
seafood pilaf (octopus, squid, mussels, etc.) with squid ink sauce (black!) Delicious.
The blogs I nominate for The Liebster Award are
(insert drumroll here):
- The Quilt Meister
- Second Memory
- pomegranate and chintz
- Lucie The Happy Quilter’s Blog
- Sometimes There is Beauty
- The Artsy Wanderer
- The Thrifty Queen Speaks (I just discovered your blog today, but I feel we are kindred spirits!)
These would be in alphabetical order if I had more patience and better luck with this wacky editor!
I want to thank a few fellow bloggers for their friendship and frequent comments, though they have too many followers or have already participated (or decline to do so) in the Liebster: The Green Light Lady, Apple Hill Cottage , and Soul Gatherings. I am also continually inspired by Sue’s writing and photographs on the Daily Echo. I will add The Greedy Reader to this list as well, though she is a recent kindred spirit find I look forward to future interaction with her in the blog world. (If they care to answer my any or all of my 10 questions in the comment section, I would love to hear their answers.)
Liebster-wanna-bees, here are your 10 questions. Please answer them in a soon-to-be-written blog post. (No pressure, but I can’t wait to hear what you have to say!)
- What song is stuck in your head right now? (If not now, then most recently?)
- If you are given a day free of all responsibilities, a day to do whatever you wanted, what would you do ? (I’m borrowing this one from The Glass Bangle)
- Tell me about the name of your blog. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
- Describe one of the most breathtaking places you’ve ever seen and how it affected you. Where and when did you see it?
- What is your favorite food? (Please share the recipe as well if you can).
- What are the next three books I should read?
- Do you have a favorite poem? What is it and why? (If you don’t have a poem, I’ll take a quote from a person, book or movie).
- What music do you listen to when you want to relax?
- What are three odd things about you that most people don’t know.
- Tell me about a vivid sensory image. It could be something you heard, saw, smelled, felt, or tasted. What memory is associated with it and why?
Thank you all for reading, following, commenting in, on and around my blog!